Glow in the Dark TapeProduct Description
T.R.U. PGD-6 Glow in The Dark Tape is A flexible polyester laminated photoluminescent film coated with a permanent acrylic pressure-sensitive adhesive and backed with a 5 mil poly coated paper release liner. The photoluminescent pigments absorb and store energy from normal, ambient light. In sudden darkness, the tape is immediately visible. These tapes are a non-electric safety system that easily and inexpensively affixes to walls, handrails, columns, around doorframes, and along stairways and baseboards. Tape will glow in total darkness after exposure to artificial or natural light - it is fully charged within 30 minutes. Glows brightest the first 30 minutes after activation has ceased, but will remain clearly visible in a total dark room to the night adapted eye for 6+ hours. Adhesive has a 24-hour dwell time. The tape has a white/cream color in its uncharged state and when glowing the tape has a luminescent lime green color.
Absorbs and stores energy from
Normal ambient light - UV light - Artificial light
• Used for: identification of critical equipment controls, light switch covers, exit and directional signage _ especially for escape routes and stairways. Tape clearly labels safety equipment and provides a safe, illuminated path through stairwells, halls, rooms, and other potentially hazardous areas. Simple and inexpensive to install position, peel off backing, and adhere, this safety system requires virtually no maintenance.
• Used in: hotels, hospitals, schools, public facilities, office buildings and manufacturing plants - wherever people need a safe, reliable high and low-level egress pathway in case of an emergency, such as sudden power outages or the spread of smoke. Product has excellent resistance to UV light and does not show significant degradation when used outdoors.
• Used for: labels - decals - novelties - sporting goods - trims - special effects
• Adhesive: Solvent-based acrylic
• Carrier/Backing: Laminated photoluminescent polyester film
• Thickness: 15 mils (carrier + adhesive)
• Adhesion: 72 oz/in (to stainless steel test panel)
• Tensile: 30 lb/in
• Elongation: 200%
• Minimum application temperature: 50 F
• -DIN 67510 Xe Lamp; 1000 Lx/5min: (time span necessary for afterglow brightness to diminish to 0.32 mcd/ m2 - 100X human eye perception)
• Release Liner: Poly coated paper
• 3" neutral core/carton
Alternative to Jessup #7520
Note: Sizes will be the tape industry standard metric sizes, ex. 12mm for every 1/2-inch of nominal value tape width (Rolls are give or take 5% wider or narrower than the nominal size)
When the order is placed on a week day before 1:00 pm EST within hours the order starts to be fulfill. Once the order is fulfilled and on route by the carrier, we are unable to make any edits or cancel your order.
- If you need to edit or make any changes to your order after it has been submitted, please call our Customer Service team (786) 328-3055. Contingent on the situation we may be able to make the appropriate changes.
- If the order has not yet shipped, please contact our Customer Service team to cancel or make any changes on your order.
- If the order has already shipped, unfortunately we are unable to cancel the order. However, the unopened/unused items can be return for a full refund or exchange. For further information on returning/changing an order, please visit our Returns Section.